*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Friday, June 11, 2010

The Game that is my Life

So there I was... hanging out on cloud 9 as if such a thing happens everyday. I was walking around with a smile on my face, only thinking happy thoughts in my delirious state of "smitten-ness". Then one day, out of the blue, as I sit down on my hammock on cloud 9, I start to fall. The trees that the hammock was attached to were both sabotaged, cut like pencil points in the middle, the way you see on cartoons. Jack must've been around cuz I didn't even notice. I tumbled down in denial the whole way, not acknowledging the fact that I'd left cloud 9 and stuff had not gone the way I planned: perfectly.

I finally landed on cloud 6, justification cushioning that fall, still dazed from denial. Cloud 6 isn't a bad cloud to be on, it's the one in the middle that still allows for happy moments mixed in with the not so happy ones. But once you've been to cloud 9, you always want to go back. So why settle for the in between?

I took out my map to take a look at which way to get back to cloud 9 which I had gotten so accustomed to. From cloud 6 to cloud 7, there's the obstacle of truth. Truth is one of those sketchy bridges that you see in old movies. The ones made out of rope and wood, with half the pieces missing. With every step across you second guess yourself, but to make it to the other side, eventually you have to trust your judgement and just go for it.
After that, to get to cloud 8, you have the obstacle of trust. Trust is a rope that dangles from the sky. One of those ropes that kids use to tie to a tree and swing on to jump into the lakes. The issue with trust is that, 1. you don't know where it comes from and therefore, the likelihood of you getting hurt is great, and 2. it's not something that you could start and then change your mind on. Once you jump onto that rope and start to swing across, you better just jump off on the other side.
The last leg of the journey back to cloud 9 is the ladder of Forgiveness. A long ass ladder that seems like it goes on forever. Every step up makes you doubtful of your decision, and a few steps are even missing which makes you question continuing your climb. But at the end is cloud 9, so if you've started up the ladder, you can't logically turn back.

I sit here, cross-legged on cloud 6, looking at my map and contemplating a strategy for this trek. It's an overcast day... again. All these clouds in my way of the sunshine that shines a bit higher up. I think I'll attempt the voyage to the 9th cloud. What do I have to lose? I mean, I could fall down to cloud 2, but that's a risk I'm willing to take... just not right away, probably in a couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment