*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A State of Distraction

I'm at one of those points in my life, when I really don't know when my next day off is going to be. I've recently started a promotion for Sony, then one for Telus, after which I'm doing one for RBC, then Sony again, and probably back to Telus. Although some of the work is totally fun and I don't mind doing it, I think back to last summer when all I did was work, getting roped into that obsession with money that people talk about. I have up my summer months not enjoying my friends, or the mountains nearly enough, and though my trip to Europe was awesome, I've regretted the amount of hours I had to clock in to achieve it.

I don't want to make the same mistakes this summer. I want to visit Waterton and hang in the mountains. I want to party at Stampede and go for random weekend getaways with my friends. I think that this year, I have to concentrate more on happiness than money, so that's my new plan.

The work couldn't've come at a better time though. After the week spent in a depression-like-state, I needed something to get my mind off of things. Everyday when I wake up to get to work, I roll my eyes at having to get out of bed for a reason, but appreciate being out and about when it does happen. So for the next month or so, I'll coax by distracted by work and obligations, hopefully with random adventures along the way.

Weekend 1: Citychase
Weekend 2: Official Camping Kickoff
Weekend ?: Waterton
Plan Set. Ready? Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment