*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Monday, February 14, 2011

I Guess I Could Humour It.

You know what? I love love. I do. I just wish I was in love. People in love look so happy all the time, I mean, who wouldn't want that?

What I don't love, is the fact that everyone puts such a big hype on Valentines Day. As is some chocolates or flowers are that much more special on that day. Much like birthdays, when people are supposed to celebrate being alive and have a day for themselves, I feel like Valentines should be celebrated more than once a year. You should show your squeeze that you adore them all the time, randomly, spontaneously.

I've thought in the past about boycotting the "holiday". I've never even dated, so what's the harm, really? But then I thought about all the other random days I do part-take in. St. Paddy's, International Suit-Up Day, Canada Day, Steak & a Blowjob Day... and I figured, for a person who loves love so much, maybe having a day to celebrate Love isn't such a bad idea.

So I have my love tie on, and, yeah, well that's about as far as that goes. Other than that, the people I do care about, will receive random messages of love from me throughout the year. Because I still stand by the opinion that a pleasant surprise is always better than "expecting" something, and then being disappointed.

Birthday = disappointment
Christmas = disappointment
Valentines = disappointment

And that's what I get for building stuff up in my head. Woe is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment