*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Thursday, February 3, 2011

Routine

I have different contradicting thoughts when I think of having a routine. The idea of doing something relatively the same day after day, almost seems like a dreaded nightmare to me. I like to think that life should be ever-changing and spontaneous, rather than a constant obligation of for-seen circumstances. And yet everyone has a routine on their own. Dinner is at a certain time, you drink at the same watering hole with your core group of friends, and you visit the same theatre every Tuesday for a shitty movie.

Many people blame their mundane lifestyles on their "Responsibilities" or lack of funds; but I don't truly believe that they would escape if given the chance. If I grabbed you, saying that in an hour we're getting on a plane for an unexpected vacation, your work has already approved your leave, and all expenses are paid, I am quite certain that over 50% of the people I'd ask would still find a lame-ass excuse out of it.

The truth is that routine provides people with comfort, and the unknown can be a scary place.

I've worked in promotions the last couple of years. My job description is ever-changing and I'm never sure when or where my next paycheque is coming from. With the new year, i'm considering a full time office position for myself. But can a person with my recklessness really survive in a corporate environment? I've survived many a month bored out of my min and unemployed on the couch, so i don't see any reason for it to be an unrealistic notion. And even still, just the thought makes me want to run away for an impromptu adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment