*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Titanic Fascination

Alright... so not everyone would just get up and fly to the other side of Canada to honor something that had nothing to do with them, and happened 100 years ago. But since I heard the Titanic story (which is coincidently when James Cameron told it in '97) I have loved the ship... so a flight to either Halifax (or Belfast Ireland, where it was built) was in order. Since I had no money for the latter, NS it was.

Every article I could find, I have with me... 2 hours were spent in the museum. I did the "candle light procession" and sat through the memorial ceremonies in the downtown core in the cold till after 1am. I visited the grave sights, and ended the trip off with a dinnner-theatre performance (remembering how much the former-guyfriend hated "Titanic - The musical" a couple years back, and smiling about that to myself).

Hopefully I find some highlights of the events that someone may have recorded online. But I'm sure you could ask my friend Laura and my mom, and they'd both say they were "all Titanic'd out". But what could I say? The 100-year-anniversary only happens once.

1 comment: