*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Friday, April 19, 2013

Good vs Bad

Tonight, I went out for drinks with a friend. I did most of the talking (shocking) and most of it was actually venting (more shocking) but we touched on a few good subjects.

The jist of the conversation at the end of the night (I thought) was the aspect of people choosing to be good or bad. Because everyone is dealt their "cards" in life, and it is actually how you "deal with them" that makes you who you are. Now, I argue that some people DO get dealt an unfair hand, when some have no worries at all, but then again - what do I know.

The point that I'm writing about now, is that I realized that some things in life stress me out more than others. Like, the mere mention of a topic (my good friends know what I refer to) can get me all riled up... but say, someone pulling a gun on me, may get me less distressed - when in "normal" terms, it would be the other way around.

Tonight, I was talking of such things, and getting all semi-frustrated and agitated... and then I realized I lost my wallet. I shrugged it off, saying "I must have just left it at the last bar"... I simply skipped my way towards my previous place of drinking pleasure, walked up to the bar, and awesome-barman-guy asks "do you want your wallet back?"... YES PLEASE...

The girl that had returned it (a little odd in herself says "we were all crooks and thieves at some point" (which I also shrugged off). But it made me think - how is it that a conversation gets me so wound up and stressed, but a potentially detrimental event has no effect of me. Guess being almost 30 doesn't stop me from thinking that I'm kind of invincible.

That mentality will get me into trouble.
But at least I'll have a story to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment