*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Saturday, April 17, 2010

defective.

What first brought me to Alberta, was the promise of a management position, at a hotel on a hill. I was to work at a giftshop, (in my head it was a marketing-related position), in which I would get to delegate work to others (score!). My attitude shone through quickly, and I was soon known as the "mean" manager, and totally unjustifiably so.

I remember one day, as I was sitting in the assistant managers office, gossiping instead of working, I got a sharp pain in my chest. It was a stabbing, squeezing kind of pain. (Probably something to do with the multitudes of alcohol I had consumed on a regular basis during the summer). You'd think that it was something to do with my heart, but it was located on the right side of my body, rather than the left. I walked up to our front desk manager, detouring away from "work" some more, and asked with legit concern, while holding my chest "Hey Vans, if my heart's on the left side of my body, do you think my Evil side is on my right? It really hurts!" She gave me the coldest stare I've ever witnessed on her face, and flat out replied "I thought your heart was your evil side"... for a second, making me even more concerned, before we both burst out laughing.

I'm reminded of this story now, because the other day, when feeling like a mean person, I started looking for my heartbeat. I've never been able to find my own pulse, let alone anyone else's, but I thought a heartbeat would be different. But even jumping jacks in the living room to wake it up, don't seem to work, and I find myself laying in bed at night, very still, trying to hear or feel it, with no result.

In the movies they always say that when you fall in love, you're supposed to "give your heart to someone". I've never been in love, but maybe it's because it's all related somehow. Why would I need to give my heart to anyone, if there's no proof that it even exists, or if it does, that it's not defective? I mean, I believe the organ does exist within my body... that's why my left boob is slightly more elevated than my right, but I don't think it does anything: like beat.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, so I knew you had a blog but havent checked it out in quite some time (bad friend i know) but then felt the desire to read it tonight and came across a mentioning of myself! ha awesome!! sorry for the cold stare i must of only been half smiling or something :)

    Funny though the older lady I work with had pains in her right side the other day and I have learned that heart attacks are felt on the right side. I walked away shortly after..apparently the Manager on Duty had to convince her she was going to be fine for the rest of her shift and not dieing. Whoops.

    ReplyDelete