*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Monday, April 26, 2010

The Numbers Game

Rewind back, for those of you who are not regular readers of my blog.
At the beginning of the year, I came up with a resolution to "expand my social circle". In order to do so, I would have to go out, be social, meet new people, and acquire 2 phone numbers every week.

The purpose: if you meet x amount of people, about 20% of them or so, will turn out to be decent human beings that I might be able to hang out with.

The jist of the game so far: I started seeing someone and therefore have been slacking.

I've been surviving based on some drunken weekends about a month ago when I went above my "quota" and have been using the numbers on reserve.

Now: last week I HAD to get my 2 numbers, because the "backups" have run out. I failed at this.

The punishment: Outstanding #'s x 2, + current week's numbers
(2 that I didn't get, x 2 = 4, + the 2 for this week..... 6 numbers)

That's what I'm trying to do this week. I was supposed to go out with my friend HomesliceW/Butta' today. I "skirted up" and was ready to have a decent time... even in my tired haze. But I wasn't feeling the "hardcore" show he was taking me to, and ended up at comedy.

Best pickup line ever: "Are you a comedian?" -no. "Are you dating a comedian?" -no. "you're here with someone though, right?" -dude, I'm just hanging out. "And you're so pretty doing it!" -haha, thanks. (wait for it) ... (ready?)
"Listen, I'd continue talking to you, but you're either gonna slap me, shoot me down, or end up giving me a fake number. I'm just happy to be sitting beside you"
-blank stare- ... It's been like an hour and a half and I still have no response to this.

But hey, 1/6 numbers for the week, good huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment