*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Thursday, April 15, 2010

Fantasy World.

So, I was walking through Central Park just the other day... talking with a friend about relationships and such... then he asked "how long have you known him?" and I replied "It's been like, a day". Thinking I was kidding he gave me a distraught look asking "you're kidding right?" to which my response, with a glazed look in my eyes as I stared up into the sky, was "no... and tomorrow, it'll be two days!"
That didn't really happen to me. It happened in the fairytale Enchanted... but what's wrong with believing that? What's wrong with having only positive feelings on the subject? Spare me the whole "it's not realistic" bullshit, cuz I don't care. The movie being so far fetched, I still adore it, because it allows you to be happy over the little things in life.

What I want to know, is why people are so obsessed with reality? Why it's so important to consume yourself with all this information about how many murders or suicides happen. How many people unjust-fully die. Why fill your head with such worry? (See "Why Worry" song by the All American Rejects). Doesn't anyone believe in fate anymore? Like, if I was gonna die tomorrow, it would happen. Whether it be being hit by a bus or falling off a mountain, or being shot by some asshole... almost like Final Destination styles?

And why is that I seem to know the people that take reality so seriously? Where are those daredevils that rock climb and whitewater raft and not really think about not surviving? I would never climb a mountain if the thought running through my head was "you're gonna fall". No one would continue going higher. I wouldn't wanna skydive from a plane (totally doing it this year roomie) if I was thinking "my parachute is probably not gonna open". And I would not be trying to climb to cloud 9, if I knew that cloud 1 was a bit worse, but a lot safer, because the fall wasn't so great. Yes all those examples had to do with heights and I don't know why it turned out that way. I just think people should be happier in the moment they're in, that's all.
Oh, and if you're not... alcohol helps.
***please drink responsibly and don't end up like me last Friday night***

No comments:

Post a Comment