*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Tuesday, April 20, 2010

When 5 Year Olds Can't Fix it All.

I remember back to the time when I was learning to ride my 2 wheel-bike. I'd love to say that I was the type of kid that just took it upon myself to learn, and with my attitude, I'm quite shocked that I didn't. But I was daddy's little girl, and if it was going to take hours upon hours of daddy running around the school parking lot, holding the back seat of that bike, that's how it was to go down. And when I got hurt, it would break his heart to see me upset.

I'd fall off my bike and give an over-exaggerated reaction to my scraped knee. (Much like screaming bloody murder when my father just threw me into pool to "teach me how to swim". Way to risk me drowning dad). Being too young to curse at the world for doing me such an injustice, I would cause a scene by crying and yelling. In turn: daddy's heart breaks, and I get a multitude of bandaids, and kisses to fix the pain. I get some ice cream on a cone, and I get to stay up late watching tv... until it's all better. (I got whatever I wanted)

When I last saw my "5 year old boyfriend", it had been after my first time ever going to a ski hill to learn how to snowboard. I had fallen so many times that my whole body felt like it was burning and all I wanted to do was lay as still as possible in an alcoholic state of contentment. He, on the other hand, wanted to play, jumping on me and yelling in my ears. I was in too much pain to be nice to him, but I told him that I was dying.
"You're dying?" he said... "for real?"
"no, not for real. I just really really hurt myself" I told him.
He looked at me with all the concern a 5 year-old can look at you with, not knowing how to fix it. Then he got an idea. "I could fix it" he yelled as he ran out of the room.
I smirked to myself, loving his enthusiasm for wanting to make things better, and relishing the 3 minutes of silence he gave me by leaving the room... but then he came back... with a popsicle!
"My mom said I could give you this... where does it hurt? I'll kiss it better!". He said, and he did.
Then he invited me to his racecar bed to watch Pirates of the Caribbean. It was a good night.

To this day I find myself panicked when someone around me is upset. I don't know how to deal with pain or genuine anger. And god-forbid someone be disappointed... how the hell do you fix that? Fuk'd if I know! But this is what I have learned, though I don't want to accept it.
-When something hurts, a bandaid and a kiss will make it all better. But when someone is hurt, fake bandaids and 100 kisses will not.
-When you're upset that someone's upset and you want to make yourself feel better, and ice cream is not around... chewing ice will not help you either. You need the real deal.
-Pouting is also a gimmick, and not everyone reacts to tears.

See normally when someone is upset, I say "Fuk em". It's not an emotion that I like to instill upon myself, so I'll avoid it at all costs. But in recent cases, I find myself joining them in this god-awful state. And then, with two people upset instead of one, how do you fix that?

No comments:

Post a Comment