*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Monday, June 6, 2011

Another Flashback

My good friend Army Guy took me out kayaking yesterday afternoon. It was a gorgeous day for it and I had an amazing time. I got to see the back entrance to Heritage Park, and while coming up with ridiculous stories about how we would storm the windmill throwing pebbles at it and spitting along the way, another past story of mine came to mind.

FLASHBACK: Some friends and I went to the Exhibition Place in Toronto for an outdoor concert. Edgefest is my best guess as to which one it was. We found a way to break in and see the show, as we had done it before (and at that point, I even knew some of the security, cuz they worked for more than one venue). The whole "getting into the gig for free" seemed a bit too easy for us, and so, we decided we wanted to go backstage. Conveniently, backstage was surrounded by water, as that's how the park is laid out. Impossible - nah. We ended up renting paddleboats, paddling over, then trying to ditch them, run up a hill and hop a fence. Meanwhile, musicians are watching and encouraging us.

Moral of the story: we got a slap on the wrist and a "stern talking to"... oh yah, we also met some bands... but then again, we did get kicked out of the park... and 15 minutes later, we snuck back in. Oh to be young again. I think there's a cartoon someone drew about this night somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment