*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Tuesday, June 14, 2011

No thanks, I'll just stay sober.

Alright, alright, so with my past experiences of dancing on cars and seeing every live musical act that came to town, and now with my backyard fires and power hours, I know that you'd roll your eyes when you saw the title of this blog, but it's actually true.

Let's remeniss, shall we? I was the summer of my sweet 16 when I took daddy's car, and credit card and drove to Sarnia for an outdoor concert. I saw the band I was there to see and to this day, I have the video that I reorded "freaking out" cuz the band said they'd come back to my hotel room to "party" (this is also how my "groupie" title began). On the video the band asks what I drink, and my response is "I don't know" Beer? "I have no idea.

These "rockstars" came to my hotel room and I tried my hardest to stomach the beer they gave me. I got 1.5 bottles in, trying ever so hard to look cool. But soon after, got buzzed and gave up.

Years went by and I always found myself in situations when free beer was involved. High school bush/basement parties, music festivals, backstage at many a show... and eventually I stopped trying to stomach it. I remember volunteering for NXNE or CMW in Toronto and going to the after-party with a hand full of "beer" tickets - saying I would stay sober instead of drinking that shit.

And up to and including this past weekend, it still happens without fail. I ran CityChase, ran hard and tried hard on Saturday, and just wanted a shot afterward - but was offered free beer instead. Free beer. "No thanks, I'll pay the $7 for Jack instead" If I have to drink beer, I'd rather stay sober.

No comments:

Post a Comment