*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Monday, July 19, 2010

Catching up.

Hey all. It's been another few weeks of hectic bullshit work stuff, with a splash of family coming to visit; and in my stress-filled-state, blogging just wasn't a priority. Go figure.
When hanging out in my bed and getting my shit together the next few days, chances are I'll vent about life as a whole and the little things that irritate me, and give some updates in general.

A little bit of what's been going on: About 6 of 7 weeks ago after a trip-went-wrong to Fort Mac for a promo, where I had officially out-drank myself, I came back to Calgary vowing to do a detox. No booze, minimal pop & energy drinks until Stampede. Considering I've only consumed whiskey, diet cola and red rain the last 3 years or so of my life, (seriously, no water, no juice, no milk) this seemed like a valid challenge.
The detox went well, other then putting an even bigger halt to my "numbers game". The game which is now pretty much non-existent as personal crisis' and a non-buzzed state made me completely disinterested. Note to self: start it back up again.

I followed my rules of staying sober through the "hardships" (*rolls eyes*) of my life, with the exception of shot, on Canada Day, after a stressful day at work and dealing with drunk-ards on Stephen Ave. I walked into a bar, got a shot of JD with a side of coke, then promptly walked out. The shot went down into my stomach with a mocking tone, reminding me the whole time as to the reason I went onto detox. It sat in my throat through half the ctrain ride tone, with the chase barely helping. And as I walked home, I was a bit content with the way it had gone down. I had began to wonder if I missed drinking as much as I had brainwashed myself to think. If, when I started drinking again, I would just fall back into my old ways, as if denying my body what it so desperately wanted. But my body didn't miss alcohol as much as my mind. I didn't want to do another shot, I was happy detox would last one week after that, and I was happy with my having accomplished it.

But detox is over now. Let's be honest: I'm nowhere near as hardcore as I was previous to it. I'm a full out lightweight when I go out these days, which may cause some problems for the upcoming wedding, cuz... who wants to see that sober! So... detox... check.
Next?

No comments:

Post a Comment