*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Friday, July 2, 2010

Psycho

A few months back, the roomie posted the definition of "psycho" on her fb page, and we all laughed at the fact that a friend of mine was dating a guy who matched this description. Since some time has gone back and she is no longer "with" him, I thought I'd share the insanity that surrounds the outside of my social circle on a semi-regular basis. I'm not one to get into anyone else's business, unless it's for random gossiping around a round table full of booze. That, I do indulge in. I'm straight up a self-absorbed person and I'd rather talk about myself than anyone else. Hence this blog. It all makes sense now, doesn't it?

So, a couple weeks ago, while hanging out in my bedroom late at night, I get a phone call from The Magician (my friends ex). I instinctively put it on "silent" as it was midnight, he's not a friend of mine, and I wasn't in the mood to chitchat. (What you don't know about "The Magician", is that he is the possessive-jealous type that used to call his girlfriend consecutively a record number of times). Apparently this trend has carried on to her friends, cuz at 12:09 I get a second phone call, and a third at 12:12. At this point in time, I shot a txt to my friend (his ex) to make sure she was alright, cuz the phone calls were unjustifiable. No out-of-the-ordinary response from her.

I proceeded to get another call at 1:30 and one more at 2:12, all the while wondering why he wouldn't just txt me with what the issue was. Finally I get a txt: "I'm calling because your friend is talking about killing herself". Another txt right after, and one more after that. Since I knew she was alright and just upset at shit going on in her life, I ignored all calls and txts from the Magician, until it got ridiculously late and I txt'd him simply saying "Lose this number"

The response: "Wow. What kind of friend are you? I call and tell you that she says she's gonna try and kill herself and you can't even find it in your heart to see how serious this is? You should be happy that I care enough about your friend to try and do something. Deleting your number now. Sorry to have bothered you. Won't ever happen again"
Then he proceeded to call the cops on her.

Just to clarify: I'm a bitch. I care about myself more than I care about you. I'll be brutally honest to the point of hurting your feelings and won't feel remorseful if I make you cry, because it was probably justifiable in my mind. But I am not a bad friend.
I'm not the person who's shoulder you could come and cry on, and I hate hearing you whine about life. But you're allowed to vent. And 99% of the time, I'll drink it off with you until you pass out and are ready to face another day.

My friend, was having bad day, and said "I wanna die", not "I'm going to kill myself". Normally I would've drank with her, but I was on detox, and pre-occupied (with a boy!). I checked up on her, neither one of my other roommates got a distress call, so clearly it wasn't all that serious. But for this asshole to call me a bad friend for the 2nd time in my short few months that I've known him... that's bullshit... and so it got me thinking. (read newer blog for my random thoughts. It'll be more light-hearted than this one)


No comments:

Post a Comment