*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Best Idea in a While...

...yesterday was the first Tuesday of the month... therefore meaning that Safeway gives me 10% off my entire grocery purchase, and as I am living like a student once again (without all the learning, but also without any money) I need all the savings I could get and so we went. Randomly on my way out through the register (damn Point of Purchase displays), I picked up a gatorade cuz it tempted me....

Ffwd to last night: After an intimate date with the roomie & the racecar driver, along with 4 or 5 kids that decided to sit next to us for our $3 viewing of Ninja Assassin, I met up with Girlie & the Magician for a 17th Ave rendition of Punk Rock Bingo.
A jaggerbomb, double jack, single jack, ect ect, having won nothing and getting zero numbers (I was off on my pickup game, though I looked totally cute, and did the hairflip and all) I was ready to go home. The magician was abusing his power at the "that was mean" game, dibbing things such as 'me not purchasing him a drink' and 'me not saying "thank you"' as MEAN rather than IMPOLITE. I humoured him doing about 40 or 50 jumping jacks in set bar, since I have no shame, but wasn't really finding it amusing.

Ffwd to 4am: I usually wake up at this time after a few cocktails (you know, the ones with both the lemon and lime on them) to a. let my little devil-kitten in from his late-night-rendezvous, and b. make myself something to drink so that I don't wake up feeling like death the next day at noon.
So I layed there in bed mustering up the strength to:
-get out of bed
-walk to the door and let casanova in
-walk upstairs and find the juice jug
-make juice/pour juice/drink juice
& come back to bed,
I dreaded the task at hand for nearly 10minutes before I finally got out of bed and started the whole process. And then as I got to the fridge with the empty jug in hand, I had to do a double take when I saw the red gatorate staring back at me. Like the Golden Arches coming out of nowhere on a long-ass roadtrip, or a friend showing up with an energy drink on a shitty ass work shift, this was my salvation.

I laughed to myself, proceeded to do a bit of a victory dance, while tearing off that plastic wrapping off the top, and loving life. Not knowing what exactly possessed me to pick up the gatorade earlier that day, but giving myself a virtual pat on the back for doing so, I proceeded to chug the greater part of the bottle on my way back to my bedroom. The brainfreeze came as soon as I sat down again, but that's a small 3-minute price to pay for the joy I had felt minutes earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment