*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Monday, February 15, 2010

Enjoying the Jokes.

Life amazes me sometimes. The little things you encounter each day, and how you choose to react to them. If you watch profound movies like the "Butterfly Effect" and think about how if you had answered yes to that one question instead of saying no, so many things could be affected by that. I'd love to say that I think that way, but it would be untrue, since my life is very much centered around myself.. and sometimes those close to me.

I'm referring to the songs that are played on the radio when you get up, providing that you listen to your radio, or an mp3 player that's on shuffle instead of always wanting to be in control. If you hear an amazing song, it could change the course of the whole day, and your attitude toward it, then, say, you heard that one song that you loathed, and every other station had commercials.

Yesterday, media was playing games with my mind. Songs from my past arose that I haven't heard in years. Songs that had meanings to me, and made me think, even though briefly so, about the people they were associated to. And after rolling my eyes, and singing a few lyrics, I had to laugh at "fate" or sorts that played them for me in those specific moments.

Likewise, a skit on Saturday Night Live brought the roomie and I to another imfamous "lol" moment, when it mirrored the closeness of our relationship. The friendship for which we have many times been mocked for and refused to listen was now being showcased on tv. "You know it's a real problem when it's televised" said the roomie. And yet, you have to step back and laugh, cuz, really, what'cha gonna do?

No comments:

Post a Comment