*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Tuesday, April 26, 2011

contradictions

Today is the day I leave for my vacation. A well deserved trip by myself to forget the mediocrity that has become my life in Calgary. And I've been asked a few times these last couple of days, and my response remains the same "I'm sure it'll be a great time, but there's a lot of inconveniences I have to go through before I start enjoying myself".

So, it's been 8hrs since I've arrived at YYC airport this early Tuesday morning. Since then, I've eaten, drank, surfed the next, try to talk my way into prohibited areas... Twice. Oh, and I decided to check in at the airport on fb. Fun thing: it also shows you all of the other people that have checked in. And while I swear up and down, and up again that I'm dead set against internet dating, here, bored at the airport, I found myself asking people over fb where they were flying to, instead of actually approaching a live person.

Half way into my message to 3rd random boy, I caught myself in this hypocritic act, and so I could try and justify it, and say it didn't count. But in a weird coincidence, that same check in allowed me to meet up with a girl I knew in high school that was in Calgary on a layover to see her niece and nephew. And at least the hour spent with her was filled with stories, memories, and me not having to drink alone (even though a shot of Jack diluted with water hardly counts as a shot anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment