*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Thursday, April 14, 2011

Rebellion

You know what’s awesome about Monday mornings? Nothing! I got up on the wrong side of the bed this past Monday anyway. I was running late for work and so I did my standard, j-walking, hopping the fence, cutting through SAIT (which apparently they frown upon because they started locking their doors) and run for the train. But as I got to the station, 2 c-train officers stood there *REBEL* I looked both of them straight in the eye and walked past them onto the train. C-train ticket number 2.

Pretty standard: court date ect speech. Then the question: “have you gotten one of these before” –yes. “Did you take care of it?” –I don’t believe so. “In that case, you understand there’s a warrant out for your arrest?” –I suppose…. And then they don’t arrest me anyway!

So this is my dilemma: What’s the point of giving me tickets, when the chances of me paying them is so unlikely? I mean, I didn’t pay the first, I’m probably not gonna pay the 2nd. How many tickets do you think I should get before some douche decides to take me “down to the station”? I could collect them like stamps or pogs.
But part 2 of this dilemma is, that part of being a rebel, should be that you’re doing something “badass”. And realistically, I’m gonna be able to get out of the country with this warrant, I’m not going to be put in jail. They could make me do some community service or something but that’s about it.

*sidenote*list*
Top 7 things that I do, that would be cooler for me to get arrested for, instead of this stupid c-train thing:
7. not doing taxes
6. driving without insurance
5. j-walking
4. drinking in public
3. speeding
2. trespassing/breaking and entering
1. hitchhiking

Now, as much as I like to try really hard to be a punk rock rebel child, I didn’t mouth off to the c-train police-dude. I didn’t fight the ticket, I didn’t make a run for it. Heck, he looked at me and said “you seem like a good person” going to work on time and shit… I’d like to rebel against the “man” and his stupid rules, but in reality, I’m still saving money by not buying a c-train ticket everyday (especially if I never pay them). But in the long run, I can’t brag to my grandkids about a c-train arrest, that’s just lame.

Maybe I should pay it. Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment