*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hardcore.

I was more hardcore when I was 19.

For those of you who don't know me very well, I liked to think I was a rebellious teenager. (Not really) I had a great relationship with my parents, was a spoiled daddys girl (and still am) and got to do whatever I wanted. My grades were fine and I always had a job to support my concert-going activities, but I never had to explain things to anyone. I wanted to be 19 forever... and was from the ages of 18 (ever since I got various fake id's to see more concerts) to 22. I never thought the whole 21 year old thing was important, because most of the shows I was in the US weren't in bars anyway. This is the way I liked it.

I'd stay up till all hours of the night, ending up anywhere and everywhere my friends would agree to come with me, but the nights weren't overly drunken... just good buzzed times. I would leave the house on a Friday night and end up in Montreal and Detroit in the same weekend. Sleeping in my jeep and partying on the roof of it.


I had recently quit the army reserves, which in my mind made me 'hardcore' and I didn't take shit from anyone, but also didn't get into any fights. And as I got older, continuing to drink my way through college, I decided that freedom was at my fingertips and Alberta was just 4 provinces away.
*Sidenote* My friend Bradley told me once "You know how they call really fat guys 'slim' and bald guys 'hairy'? Well, I'm gonna call you HARDCORE... cuz you ain't!" I adore that quote.

I could've continued with the party lifestyle having bummed from summer resort to ski resort doing random hospitality jobs, but inevitably, after scaring myself with an impromptu trip to Europe, I settled in Calgary, where I've lost my buzz. The night life isn't what I remember it being, and there's not enough cities in the vicinity for me to drive to overnight and find the party. Plus, finding people that have nothing going on in their own lives to follow me around is becoming increasingly more difficult as I, and in tern the people I hang out with, get older and "mature".

Instead of weekend trips to Montreal for a punk rock show, I find myself planning in advance to fly back to Europe for a month long drinking session. And although I don't loathe this city, it seems that it takes more alcohol than it used to, to have a decent time. That may also be due to my increased alcohol tolerance. I guess that would eventually happen.

So with hopes that after the next 2 months of "work", I'll have some stories to tell, I'm going to encourage everyone to break into a swimming pool/hot tub. To put some duck tape on a train cart (real vandalism is mean), or hop a fence and go sledding down the waterslides. But if not, come May, I'm gonna think us up some hardcore adventures! (and stay tuned for pics)

No comments:

Post a Comment