*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Friday, January 28, 2011

Absurd Views

Yesterday, while in a vehicle listening to a random radio station, I came upon a news brief that made me sick to my stomach. It turns out that a popular magazine put Elton John, his life partner, and their new baby on the cover of this month's issue.

Now, not all people are "FOR" gay marriage and/or the bringing of a child into a gay family, and with that, I could only say that everyone is entitled to their opinion- No matter how stupid, shallow or closed-minded, it is.

The part of the story that got me was when I heard that in that ever-so-friendly neighbouring country to our south, the magazine vendors were forced to hide the cover. That is correct, they have to put plastic covers over a loving family (think playboy/hustler) as if it was something so incredibly offensive that it could not be viewed by the general public. If society could get any more stereotypical, that would shock me.

"Things that are worse than that cover": will be in part 2 of my rant over this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment