*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Ending of 2010

Drinks started flowing early in the afternoon on New Years Eve. Lounging around the house waiting for an epic plan for the night, "I wonder how much I could drink today?" I asked the roommate at about 4pm. This was after a baileys hot chocolate, and 4 or 5 jaggerbombs, but before getting ready... but then due to some complications, I didn't get to the bar to meet up with friends till 10:30, in a pretty tipsy state and a decent enough mood.

The Rusty Cage was broken up into 4 types of high school cliques. You have the jocks: t-shirts too tight on them, showing off that most of their lives revolve around the gym; the wanna-bes: wearing whatever they thought would look best at the bar, none of them dressed rock'n'roll, or even decently, but the gel in their hair suggests they tried; the nerds: made up of all men that keep to their tables, checking out the girls they'd like to get up the courage to talk to, but won't; and the girls: not sluts per say, but really trying for attention, none-the-less.

The band that's playing sounds decent enough but lack a personality of their own. They're ripping off all the most popular songs of Guitar Hero. Yes, I understand that those songs were once epic, but now, they are mostly recognized from the game that's educated the youth of today. From Sweet Child of Mine, to the Foofighters, and now Kings of Leon, it lacked the energy New Years Eve should hold.

The countdown happened 3 minutes early and was anti-climactic, as I think it was done more for the convenience of ending one song, and beginning another. The first song I heard in 2011 was Pink's "Raise Your Glass". No complaints I suppose.

Shortly after midnight the drunkards started coming around, and I learned a new pick-up line that's been used on me before, but I didn't recognize as a pick-up line until now. Dipped in self-loathing with a hint of patheticness and the hope for sympathy I suppose, a guy walks up, puts his arms around me saying hello, then slurs "You're not who I thought you were, and you're way out of my league" then walks away. Shock value is what I think the people who use said line are trying to accomplish. But a "fool me once, shame on you..." recognision of this line, helped me just let him walk away.

And at around 2am when the bar had cleared and my night still wasn't awesome, a delayed from text from my boy, coupled with my favorite tune of the year (How Low Can You Go by Ludacris) brought a brief smile to my face... and then I headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment