*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Saturday, January 15, 2011

Anti-Depression

The winter months get the best of people. Other than those who have a deep love for snowboarding, or some other winter sport, and esccimos, I don't know how anybody could keep happy and optimistic during this bitter and cold season.

And that's the impression I give off. That of coldness and bitterness. I'm less social than usual, I'm withdrawn and silent, and to all people looking at me from the outside in, you would think I was depressed. But this last week has been that of alone time with my thoughts. Truth: I have nothing positive to say, so why even open my mouth at all. Words that come out of it would be those of complaints and criticisms.

I tried very hard this week to do the little things that make me smile on a regular basis. I kept in touch with my journal, I watched a stupid ytv show that no one else is into. I had a few drinks, and ate nachos and chocolate cake. And I touched base with some friends to talk about topics that really had no relevance in the long run. But most of all, I napped and I read, and I went tanning. And still, at the end of the day, my mood was no more that 5/10, winter does get the best of me, and the Calgary version of it, just makes me want to hitchhike south.

No comments:

Post a Comment