*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ruckus

About 2.5 hrs into the New Year and I'm already causing a ruckus.

I spent New Years Eve at a sister bar of my beloved Rusty Cage North. Disappointingly enough, there wasn't a huge and rowdy crowd there, and having an epically-good-time wasn't in the cards. But a decent-time was had regardless.

Anyway, by 2am, the bar had cleared out... and even though I desperately wanted to party, I found myself about to head home. Assuming that public transit would be extended, it being a holiday and all, I stumbled across the street to the c-train.
**The Heritage C-train station was in the news a few weeks back, because of a sexual assault that had occurred at about 2am. Apparently bits of it had been caught on camera, but no one came to the rescue, and the whole "transit camera system" was now being questioned.**
As I made my way up the stairs, and then down the other side towards the platform, I asked people if they knew when the next train was coming, but they were all wishy-washy with their responses

As I got onto the platform, I walked past a group of 15 people (who also didn't know when the train would be there, but had been waiting a while) acting as if I owned the place. Then, without a second thought, I said "Well, did anyone try this?" and pushed the big red HELP button. .
(I guess that would be the button one would push in case of an emergency, like an assault). A voice immediately answered, and I just slurred "ugh, hi, are there any more trains tonight?" to which I got a "no more trains" response, followed by my slurred "okay, thanks, sorry".
The looks of shock and dismay filled the crowd as they starred at me trying to wrap their heads around what I had just done. "That button is for EMERGENCIES" one guy said. But I just shrugged and said "no more trains" walking away, letting them talk about me amongst themselves.

Now, who knows how much that fine is? like $3000 I thought, I should really do my research on that. And there are cameras as everyone knows, but hey, it's not like I have a warrant out for my arrest having to do with c-train related crimes. I picked up a random, and after showing some leg, got into a cab with him. I was home by 3:30... or actually, I was standing in the middle of the street looking lost, same difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment