*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Sunday, January 23, 2011

Content

I understand that everyone is a little different; has different values, opinions, ect. And I get that some people get stoked about things that others wouldn't bother with, and that the level of excitement will vary with each person... What I'm wondering, is if being content is like settling for mediocrity?

To me, being content is an awesome thing, as some people perceive me as a negative person. It means I'm on that greater part of the 1-10 scale, that 6-6.5 mark that makes me smile to be alive. But I'm not any of the awesome words. I'm not "stoked" or "elated", nor am I "ecstatic", I'm just content.

I read an article the other day that said even if you force your body to smile or laugh (say, in a mocking, or fake state) it will actually trick your body into thinking you're a happier person. Not that lying to ones-self is a good thing, but I thought it was kinds cool, because let's face it, people feed off each others energy, and there's a lot of negativity out there.

To me, contentment is like treading water. Yup, your nostrils are on the happier side of that equation, you're not drowning, and that wave hasn't pummled you yet, so you have nothing to complain about. But as decent as floating in a state of indifference in the water is, the white sanded island of Ecstaticness is within view, and just a swim away.

No comments:

Post a Comment