*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Adventures

These days, I find myself reminiscing of the past. Of the little rebel-punk I used to be at 16. I remember how on New Years that year, I had decided to go out to my first club ever with my two best friends at the time, Ter and Alz. We were going to get on the go train in downtown Hamilton and go 3 cities over to see Snow play at a club, who's name I don't recall anymore. I was going to hear "informer" live, even though Snow was already washed up.
We bent the truth a little bit when asking our parents permission to go out. Well, I did anyway, I didn't let them know we were leaving the city, they thought we were just headed downtown, but I don't think my friends mentioned a club at all. I remember we all went on a super secret shopping for our "club" outfits with money we saved from some part-time work.
We were stoked to go out and party that we got off at the wrong train stop, but luckily had the train heading in the right direction stop at the same time, and while running to the train, and away from drunk creeps, Alz fell hard and screwed up her whole leg. But the adrenaline wore off her pain when we got to our first not-muchmusic-dance, and we ignored all the brown guys trying to grind with us.
And the night was going so well we eventually missed our last train back into Hamilton and begged some guy in a convenience store to let us hang out all night. The funniest part of that memory is that we almost said yes to partying with some 25 year olds, but we hadn't been drinking, and decided against it. And then there was that guy just vomiting on the bus - we wondered why people drink to begin with.


Earlier today I was telling the roomie how I was considered the bad influence in high school. Not in the way of getting bad grades, smoking, drinking or doing drugs or anything... But I always had that thirst for adventure. The one that would draw me out of the cities for days and nights on end to hang with people twice my age.
My drawn out point here is, that I need to find people I could convince into going on more stupid adventures with me, even though over a decade has gone by. I did do the hitch hiking Europe thing not too long ago. And that random toothless-native-cowboy thing in Babb, Montana is still an epic tale... But I want more. I'm thirsty!

No comments:

Post a Comment