*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Wednesday, December 9, 2009

...and on top of it all, I lost my hat!

The day was going well, earlier today. I got up, showered/ate/drank/got to work... and then a friend from my past showed up randomly. A friend I'd been praying for and trying to get back in touch with since I last saw them 3 years ago. And seriously: worst case scenario. This person had their whole future ahead of them. Graduated from a good course, moved out west with promises of a great life. The job is gone because of a significant other. They're livin in a group home and are in and out of jail (3 times now, I think was mentioned). And yet, as much as I want to sympathize, as soon as I started to, the words said back to me were "I'm gonna marry 'set' person". Leads me to realize that life isn't all roses and stuff. The most stable people you'd think, could fall. But I still can't fathom how after the first time in jail, you'd allow yourself to go back two more. How if your significant other is the cause of all your distress, you're still thinking about spending forever with them. And how you could purposly cut EVERYONE you ever knew, out of your life.

With this in mind, and tears in my eyes at the thought, I took the bus back 'home'. I got approached by 2 men, asking for change, but I couldn't even help them out, because I didn't understand 'why'!

I did sneak onto the bus without paying, and when I got off, I lost my hat (left it behind) and it made me think of karma. But it can't just be karma that's the justification for all of this, can it?

No comments:

Post a Comment