*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Sunday, December 20, 2009

the Nintendo thing.

So I love the job, really. And I think my boss Mike is an amazing guy. He's got a great attitude, amazing sence of sarcasm, and we could bitch about stuff and laugh about stuff whenever we're together. His friend Dave is even more-so hillarious. He's this big black guy with a deep voice and it's awesome to watch him talk to kids and get them to play the Wii. But his censor button is a little shifted.

Hillarious comments from Dave while working Nintendo:

-This huge creepster guy comes over and starts looking at me playing Super Mario Brothers (think taller and bigger than my brother, but just as creepy and silent). Dave says "hey dude, this is the new Super Mario Brothers, did you want to give it a try?".. The guy stays silent for a bit and than answers "no, I just like to watch". Dave looks over again, and asks "Oh yeah? Other people? Like from windows and stuff?" (I'm laughing my head off), the Creepy guy stays silent, stone faced as if he didn't hear anything. Dave says "that's cool man, I like to do that too", laughing and nudging him... again the Creepy guy says nothing (I'm starting to laugh I'm crying so hard.

-Dave is playing the sword fighting game on the Wii Sports Resort. A guy walks by and stops to check out what he's so into. Dave looks back and says "Just sword fighting, you wanna give it a go?" to which the guy responds "sure, I'll give it a shot". Dave gives him the controller and explains the game, then asks "Do you like a little fight first thing in the morning?", to which the guy says "I guess so". Then Dave says, "well, you're a lot like my dad then". To this I started laughing and crying so hard I had to pause my game and walk away. Haha.

It's cool being at a hostel and when people ask why I'm here I could answer "I play Nintendo for a living this month" and it's actually true. It is in fact the best job you could ever have, simply based on the fact that we haven't been able to think up one that's any better. But with my debts piling up and me not being able to live at home, I'm getting frustrated because (as bad as this may sound) I'm not used to NOT being favoured. Mike is a very fair boss and gives everyone decent hours, but somehow I almost feel like I'm owed something more for coming from Calgary. That's not true and deep down I know that, but on the not-deep-down part of things, I just wanna stomp my feet and throw a tamper tantrum!

No comments:

Post a Comment