*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Tuesday, December 8, 2009

For Here.

My trip to Edmonton so far has helped me realized that I am now calling myself a Calgarian. Calgary has become home to me, and that's what I've settled with. That is my home base.

I checked into my hostel and was asked "where you from?" to which I didn't think twice before I replied "Calgary". The next question was "born and raised?" after which I went into the Ontario explanation. Funniest part was that buddy (hot English buddy) asked if I had ever lived in Hinton. That shocked me a bit, cuz he asked as if he knew me. Who knew my 5 wks in Hinton would ever come up in conversation. (I was in the hostel system from the last time I stayed here. Who knew)

But continuing on. I was working my Nintendo promo at W-Ed (found my new fave DSi game, btw, so frustrating) when I went to grab some food. Now if you're from Ontario, you'll know what I'm talking about, but if you're from Alberta, just skip along to the next post cuz you'll roll your eyes. I order some food, tell them it's to stay and thank them, then move aside (I've learned my lesson). Lady behind me puts in her order, and is asked "will that be to stay or for take out today?" to which she does what ALL ONTARIANS DO!

She pauses, looks a bit flustered, waits about 3 seconds, and answers in her default manner "ugh, for here". I smirk a bit, having done that so many times over my last 3 years in AB, and ask her, "are you from Ontario?". She says "yes, Kitchener, how did you know?".
All Ontarians do indeed answer "for here" or "to go" instead of the Alberta way of
"to stay" or "for takeout". And I laugh everytime I hear it. Oh Ontario.

1 comment:

  1. i didn't know that.... but then again thats cause i'm FROM HERE.

    ReplyDelete