*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Sunday, January 31, 2010

"I'm too Old for this Shit!"

Sigh, alright, so for those of you who are close to me, you know that 'not so long ago' Girlie introduced our 'household' to a new tv series, titled "How I met Your Mother"... greatest show ever! And in set show, in one particular episode, they talk of the "Murdoch List" the list of stuff you are TOO OLD TO DO. That is the stuff I will speak of right now.

Tonight, I went out with a couple of friends, to see a rock show at the local campus pub. The band (Down With Webster) was awesome. They rocked out hard, gave a solid performance and I would see them many times over. But as I stood in the back of the crown with my JD&coke in my hand, watching all the "youngins" rock out and squeel when a band member touched their hand, I realized how old I actually was.

As the band came on stage, at the beginning of the night, I took one look at them and said "I bet you I'm fuken older than every single one of the guys in this band" which lead to a bit of a debate, but later on proved to be indeed true. Don't get me wrong, I used to be 18, 20, 22. I used to go to rockshows and take a million photos, hope the band "touched my hand" and pulled me up on stage... but these day's you'll find me in the "mothers corner". I'm the person at the back of the crowd, still singing along, but not getting involved in the moshpit. Still cheers-ing the band but not "raising my hands in the air". And still congradulating them on a good show, but not getting an autograph and picture. In short, I'm old.

And as I put my friends in a cab, and asked very politely for the cab driver to take them home and deal with their drunken jibberish, I got home, to make myself some garlic toast, french fries, cajin chicken and carrots&dip as a 2am snack (it's no hamburger helper, but it'll do) I looked into the hallway mirror, and saw Vicky starring back at me.
(Vicky is a lady in Toronto who was married a rockstar from my favorite band ever. She adored indie music and was super into the 'scene' back in my ON days.) I always assumed I was going to be 'like' her, but today, for the first time ever, that's who I saw. I was dressed in 'scene' clothes and at the correct bar, but amongs the 'youngins' I was trying to "party hard".

My "I'm too old for this shit" List.
-I'm too old to drink tequila & jagger in the same night
-I'm too old to pay for a cab, via change being scrounged from the bottom of my purse
-I'm too old to get kicked out of bars and think it's funny
-I'm too old to get drunk enough to vomit without "seeing it coming"
-I'm too old to drink enough that I forget my address

SIDENOTE:
-I also think I'm too old to "makeout" for 3 hours in any given night

And yet, I still believe I'm young enough to:
-eat ice cream to make a bad day seem better
-watch "Smurfs" and let them brighten up my day
-rhyme
-sit on the floor
-sing childrens camp songs
-skip down the street (note to self, I should do that soon)

1 comment:

  1. sidenote: you are never too old to "makeout" for 3 hours..... sure you might feel like hell, but its usually worth it.

    ReplyDelete