*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Sunday, January 31, 2010

7 Days of "Nice-ness"

Roughly a week ago, Not-N2 and I went on a hungover walk. During set walk we talked about a lot of stuff, trying to focus on her instead of me, but always straying back to me. After 2 hours of walking and chitchatting, I couldn't help but notice, that my friend kept giving me advice on how to be a better person. And so this challenge came up.

For one week, I will live by a set of 15 rules, that will help me be "Nicer" than what I am (hard to do, right?) and maybe at the end of the week, something will stick and I will be all around better.

The Rules:
1. no sarcasm (fml)
2. must compliment the person I'm talking to, can't use same compliment twice (and it needs to sound genuine... that's the hard part)
3. no swearing (one again, fml)
4. do something nice and unexpected for someone else... each day
5. smile (no matter how hard I try, this one will come across FAKE)
6. Can't be bossy (which I'm totally not!)
7. Play with hair/do hair toss at some point during the conversation
8. Say please & thank you
9. Must give a wink (sidenote: i think this one is beyond ghey, it won't make me any nicer!)
10. Must give a friendly touch
11. Must listen intently, look interested, make eye contact, and ask questions (that's one rule?)
12. Can't talk about myself unless someone asks
13. Can't talk about sex. Sidenote: if sex comes up, I must incorporate this quote: "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me" (i know, "nice" right?)
14. Always say yes if a guy offers to buy a drink
15. Speak in a soft manner.

And so I'm sitting here finishing up this blog with a "smile" on my face and the Smurfs themesong running through my head... but I gotta get back to cleaning the house on my hungover Sunday afternoon, as maybe the roomies will find that "nice and unexpected"
...7 days you say...

1 comment:

  1. okay.... i don't get number 9 or 13 at ALL but i'm interested to see how it goes.

    wings this week? punk rock bingo?
    and BC...

    ReplyDelete