*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Friday, October 9, 2009

Dublin, Ireland

Ireland really did catch me at a bad time. The sun hasn't been shining (surprise, surprise) so that doesn't make anything easier - but on top of that, the hostel switch and a bad day spent in Dublin has made it difficult to meet people. I'm gonna force myself to go out and wander some more, as I leave later today to spend nearly 20 hours at the airport/on planes, be4fore I get to Greece tomorrow afternoon. But my legs have not gotten much better than yesterday, and I don't have any advil to swallow, so I gotta truly suck it up and keep on truckin.

SIDENOTE: I'm anti this whole hostel thing of "do your own dishes". I pay money to stay here after all. The rooms are cramped and the showers are communal and if you provide me breakfast you should provide me with someone to do my dishes between 7-9am. The exception being if I cook on my own time and I mess it up, then it's fair game, but still.

Yesterday was a fun night. After waking up and going for a walk to find an energy drink (leave it to me to end up in the Polish area of Dublin), and an internet cafe, I returned to the hostel and went down to the cellar (cooler than it sounds). There I found a group of 8-10 people from various parts of the world, and with the accompaniment of an accordion, harmonica and an acoustic guitar, they sang songs from all over in a drunken slur, at the top of their lungs.
-A black guy originally from Holland,
-a short kid with a funky hat, named Will (the boy not the hat)
-a deep voiced guy from Austria, I believe
-boy who pretended to be Borat, from... somewhere around here.
-and a fairly good looking guy as the accordion player.
-then there was Matt, and 18 year old from California
-his friend Andrea from Quebec,
-and some girls from France and Turkey
They belted out songs, improvising and havin g fun with them "Her eyes they shone like the mountains..." an Irish rebellion song, as well as The Doors,a nd various others. The best nights are truly never documented.

No comments:

Post a Comment