*disclaimer*

What do I envy? I envy honesty, opinionated personalities and no-holding-back-bluntless. I dis-envy those who lack a personality of their own, and need to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.
Asshole type tendancies, along with rude comments and sarcasm amuse me, and I believe my recent phenomenon of making fun of my own lifes downfalls and meaningless events in an exaggerated way can be somewhat amusing to persons other than myself.This is a blog of my own thoughts and unconventional opinions. I encourage you to call me out an anything I write here, however, the blog is not made for you to belittle me, so watch your step. Read at your own risk. -B!



Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Scotish vs The Irish

Before I left Canada for my trip to Scotland for my friends wedding, someone asked me if I would do any travelling while I was down here. I was like "of course... I hear good things about Scotland, like... and... ugh...". Then I was asked what the difference between Scotish and Irish people was, also starting a debate about whether Scotish and Irish were languages or not! (Yah, Canadian people, a bit self absorbed and not the brightest of them all). After arguing that you can't just add an "ish" to a word and call it a language, I googled that people in both countries actually speak Gaelic, but not so much so anymore... and with that, I booked a detour on my travels to Ireland along with Scotland to settle this for myself.

The ultimate question: Who are bigger drinkers, the Scotish or the Irish? & what are the differences?
Answer: After doing a pub crawl in Scotland, I've decided that the Australians, the Americans, the German and the French, as well as I, are all decent enough drinkers. As far as the Scotish are concerned... they hold their own pretty well... but all admit that the Irish are more hardcore. After hanging out in Ireland (once again with a bunch of tourists as it turns out), I could only base my judgements on what people tell me: the Irish are more hardcore.

The differences: The Scotish have fuken wicked accents and wear kilts for special occasions. Umm, the Irish have the whole green thing going on, and the rights to St. Paddy's day... they also have fuken amazing accents.

But most importantly, I learned that people in both countries 1. are amazingly nice and make me want to move/stay here, and 2. they both have a subtle dislike towards the English (mostly because of their football competitions, which England more often than not, wins).

No comments:

Post a Comment